I had to work for a few hours this morning. After meal planning for a short week (leaving Friday for a conference), shopping for it and tidying up around the house, I was able to get into my studio. I’m super behind and I resisted the urge to slip photos into the pockets, journal, and have minimal embellishments. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, mind you… but I’ve been doing that for the last several weeks and I was feeling a bit more creative today. Who cares if I’m behind?? It’s supposed to be fun, right? Embellishing more is what was going to be fun for me today, SO THERE. (Yes, I’m six.)
Here’s the two page view. There is a 6×12 insert in between the two pages.
Here’s the right side only. I put a piece of scrap paper over the photo in the right lower side; it is a sign in sheet and I wanted to protect the anonymity of the attendants. Mostly used elements from the Lost River scrapbook kit and documenter kit, as well as some stamps from the Ali Edwards shop.
Here’s a close up of the right side. I cut off the journaling there. It says: “We all know that Maggie’s favorite toy is Chewie. Her SECOND favorite is the dynamite, which she wraps in her front paws and kicks it with the back. Her current dynamite is getting dirty, so we got her a new one. So glad she LOVES IT.”
Another close up of the right side. I had purchased the stamp set where the “let’s go” is from Ali Edwards a while ago, but I lost them in a pile of stuff. So glad I found it today!
Here’s the right side of the insert. It’s a 6×12 layered template made by Ali Edwards. I bought it years ago when she was working with a digital site. She doesn’t have her stuff there anymore, but I love that she is re-releasing many of these digital files in her own shop. I don’t think she’s released this one as a “Classic AE” product; hopefully she will again soon. I’ve used it tons!
Here’s the left side of the insert. Love this picture of us.
Right side of the layout. I tried to create visual unity by bringing some of those small sequins that I used in the title card over here.
Close up of the left side. The last card I completed was the “Field Notes” one. I guess my attention wavered… instead of dialing in “Sep 08 2016” on my rolodex date stamp, I set it to “Sep 80 2016.” GEEZ. My original plan to fix it was to cover it with a small piece of white paper, but the whites didn’t match, so I scrapped that idea. I put two tiny red sequins around it instead. Not the best, but I’m ok with it.
I’m truly sorry about the poor photo quality. I have lighting challenges in my studio and the sun had already set by the time I was done. Hopefully next time I can get some natural light and better pics!